Building Better Supervisors
What you will Learn?
Coaching Workers to Peak Performance: Understand the attributes of being an effective coach. Learn to establish performance benchmarks and the necessary supports that will help employees succeed.
Decision Making: Examine the criteria for delegating decision making responsibilities and determine the degree to which others should be involved in decision making.
Introduction to Effective Communication: Learn how to articulate in an accurate and concise manner and how to identify the elements in the communication process.
Facilitating Teamwork: Learn how to define the characteristics of a team and the benefit of creating cohesive teams. Learn the stages of team development and a three-stage process to resolve conflicts.
Problem Solving: Learn to articulate the importance of knowing how to solve problems and use tools and strategies to solve workplace issues.
Qualities of an Effective Supervisor: Identify the key skills and attributes of an effective supervisor and assess your strengths and areas that require development.
What you will Gain.
- A defined process for coaching employees to peak performance
- The ability to draw on the diversity among team members to enhance results
- Tools and methods to solve workplace problems
- Strategies to support employees through the phases of change
- Approaches for enhancing employee engagement
- Increased productivity through the use of various task management techniques
Dates: September 13, 15, 20, 22
Time for all sessions: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm | in-class delivery
To register for this course contact [email protected]
Attending our workshops gives you:
- Tools and techniques to be more efficient and effective in your current and future roles.
- New and upgraded skills, best practices, and strategies you can begin to use the minute you get back to your workplace.
- Increased productivity and effectiveness.
- Up-to-date trends and developments in the workplace.
- Fresh ideas and insights gained from networking with other like-minded professionals across Canada.