Team Lead, Application Support
Manager, Solution Services
The Application Support Team Lead is responsible for application support, change management for previously built applications and enhancements, and code releases under MBC’s Release Management Lifecycle. The incumbent leads and mentors all developers within the Application Support Team to ensure the successful and timely completion of projects. Additionally, the Team Lead, Application Support will also work on all aspects of the technology stack, front end UI/UX, backend APIs, databases and data access, or cloud infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coaches the support development team on development of best practices and departmental standards.
- Works closely with other technology service areas (Application Development, Data, Architecture & Shared Services) to deliver solutions.
- Acts as escalation point for support development team issues.
- Ensures the establishment of a productive work environment for the support development team, including equipment, tools, and work/communication processes.
- Leads daily support development stand up; directs and leads the support development team
- Responsible for the development and review of project and deliverable documentation from application development team in the interest of sustainment.
- Plans the release of application updates including release scope and schedule.
- Identifies and mitigates release risks.
- Coordinates testing with stakeholders (e.g. business stakeholders, product owners, project managers, team leads and end users) to ensure quality releases.
- Coordinates the release schedule and resources required based on defect backlogs, planned releases, infrastructure updates and any third-party applications.
- Attends CAB meetings to discuss the release scope, roadblocks and schedules
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different business and technical teams.
- Produces implementation plans and sustainment run books
- Leads and co-ordinates release activities.
- Communicates release details and schedules to the relevant stakeholders as required.
- Makes improvements to the release process.
- Oversees ongoing health and performance monitoring for all MBC Core Application, escalating and operationalizing any degradations accordingly.
- Improves performance of existing software by diagnosing and resolving critical issues.
- Oversees maintenance backlog and support ticket queues to ensure accurate and timely resolution according to agreed SLAs.
- Provides queue reporting as required.
- Works on resolving Service Management requests according to priority & scheduling.
- Troubleshoots application problems and makes appropriate modifications to correct them.
- Works with deployment team to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Oversees the releases to MBC Core Applications to UAT, Staging and Production environments using release management tools.
- Collaborates with stakeholders (e.g. business stakeholders, product owners, project managers, team leads and end users) to collect and understand functional and non-functional requirements.
- Defines scope of work and development estimates.
- Develops and maintains high-quality code that satisfies customer needs and strives for simplicity, clarity, and testability.
- Investigates and proposes solutions for application enhancements and system design problems.
- Complies with specifications, standards, architectural guidance and best practices.
- Documents applications, testing and deployment as required.
- Participates in code reviews or uses collaborative programming techniques to promote high quality business outcomes.
- Creates and maintains unit and integration tests and conducts functional and performance testing where appropriate.
- Performs other special assignments and related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer-related technologies or equivalent applied experience and a minimum of 7 years related experience.
- Oracle Certificate for Professional Java SE and ITIL certification preferred.
- High proficiency in one or more frameworks and platforms (e.g. Spring MVC, Angular, Docker).
- Significant experience with AWS services including Elastic Load Balance, Elastic Container Service/ Fargate, Elastic Container Registry, CloudWatch, Pipelines/Codebuild, Image Deployment, S3.
- Significant experience with front end development languages and tools including HTML CSS and Webflow.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to deal with all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed, and results oriented with exceptional organizational skills and a proven record of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks within varied and dynamic timelines on an ongoing basis.
- Strong team player, enjoys collaboration and shares knowledge openly.
- Takes personal responsibility for assigned work as well as team goals to achieve success.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills.
- Exercises judgment, tact and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Previous experience leading or supervising staff, building strong teams, and motivating them to achieve work related goals is an asset
We offer competitive salary, a generous employer-paid benefits package, hybrid work arrangements, a flex work schedule, generous vacation, and a health and wellness program with an on-site fitness centre. We are committed to creating a rewarding environment to foster learning and development for our staff. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward a resume and cover letter, indicating salary expectations, by November 10, 2022.