The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities! We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Position: Systems Coordinator - Business
Customer Services Division
Water and Waste Department
Posting No: 120734
Closing Date: February 23, 2022
Under the direction of the Contact Centre Supervisor, the Systems Coordinator-Business is responsible for application support including configuration, design, testing and implementation of changes to the online service and telephony system in a contact centre environment. In addition, this position is responsible for end user support, training and communications of all contact centre software. The Systems Coordinator-Business will be accountable for analyzing existing business processes and making recommendations for process improvement. The Systems Coordinator-Business will act as a resource and liaison between the Utility Billing Centre and various Departments/Divisions regarding software applications.
As the Systems Coordinator - Business you will:
- Analyze and design new or changed processes, procedures and user interface.
- Provide daily issue investigation and acts as liaison with the IST Division and/or software vendor on long-term resolution to issues.
- Coordinate and lead user acceptance testing for upgrades, modifications, enhancements and other changes.
- Monitor employee’s use of software and analyzes statistical data to support training/coaching needs and report on centre performance.
- Provide support to operations related to end user training and support. Ensures business process documents remain up to date.
- Coordinate and liaison with 311 and Transit Plus to ensure optimum use of this shared telephony system.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or a related field; or a combination of training and experience.
- Experience leading the implementation, upgrade and enhancement of software applications, including design, configuration, development of test plan and user acceptance testing. Preferably in a utility and/or contact centre environment.
- Must have 2 years directly related experience to the work or job duties of the position.
- Experience investigating, analyzing and evaluating complex issues and developing and implementing practical solutions and tools to meet the needs of a changing business.
- Experience providing quality customer service, and creating a customer focused team.
- Experience assessing training needs and preparing and conducting training sessions. This includes preparation of training materials suitable for a variety of people.
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines and to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex material both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data related to staff/centre performance and determine training needs and overall centre requirements.
- Ability to utilize Workforce Management software to:
- Calculate staffing requirements.
- Forecast workload.
- Build daily staff schedules to manage forecasted workload.
- Plan yearly vacation requirements.
- Ability to analyze process and implement solutions to create efficiencies.
- Ability to monitor and report on daily performance to the Contact Centre Supervisor; including interaction volume, service level, abandon rate, handle time, wait time, etc.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of Contact Centre Systems and associated work processes would be an asset.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to others and to develop a creative and team-based work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Prior to commencement of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by providing a Government of Manitoba issued QR code and photo identification.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
- Current resume AND Application Form (Required).
Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ's or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
Salary Schedule A1 $2,649.09 - $3,557.68 bi-weekly WAPSO Grade 3 (See note 1)
Salary Schedule A2 $2,649.09 - $3,468.24 bi-weekly WAPSO Grade X3 (See note 1)
- Any WAPSO employee on salary Schedule A1 as of October 29, 2020, will remain on Salary Schedule A1 until they are the successful applicant to a position at a higher Administrative Salary Level (Grade) or they (or the Association on their behalf) initiate a successful reclassification to a higher Administrative Salary Level (Grade), in which case they will be placed on Schedule A2. Any WAPSO employee on Salary Schedule A2 as of October 29, 2020, will remain on Salary Schedule A2. Any existing employee of any bargaining unit or an external hire, who is successful to a WAPSO position on or after October 29, 2020, will be placed on Salary Schedule A2.
Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Notice of Driver’s Licence In Force document upon request.
The successful applicant will be required to complete job specific training required for this position as directed.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
We value diversity in our workplace. Indigenous peoples, women, racialized peoples, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ peoples and Newcomers are encouraged to self-declare.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.
Applicants may be directed to our Website to apply at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/ during the posting period.