- Job ID: 2021-21371
- Company: Canada Life Assurance Company
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Industry: Financial Services and Banking, Insurance, Internet and Ecommerce
- Career Level: Experienced
- Posted End Date: 10/11/2021
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
At Canada Life, the customer is at the centre of what we do. We are looking for candidates that exemplify this and can demonstrate it in their work.
Canada Life is looking to hire a Solution Architect to support the Contact Centre as an integrated aspect of Canada Life’s Omni Channel strategy. Reporting to the Portfolio Solution Architect, the Solution Architect is a collaborative role that partners with many stakeholders, such as business leaders, Business System Analysts, Architecture peers, Developers, etc.) to align technology decisions and solutions with our Canada Technology strategy and achieve business outcomes in a timely fashion.
The Solution Architect will collaborate with their Portfolio & Technology teams as well as business leaders, sponsors, and stakeholders to develop strategies and roadmaps. They will work to define and maintain architecture artifacts for supporting project delivery and application support and lead technical vision and direction for solutions, ensuring consistency with overall enterprise and portfolio architecture that may at times include hands-on development (e.g. Proof of Concept and project development). The Solution Architect will also have an opportunity to effect change within the organization by incorporating new patterns and/or technologies into new ways of working that improve business value.
What you will do
- Define and facilitate a solution architecture that leverages enterprise capabilities and efficient usage of process, technology, data and people to align these capabilities.
- Consult with business partners and delivery stakeholders.
- Lead the definition of and maintain the technical architecture(s).
- Own the architectural decisions for the team and lead technical vision and direction for the solution.
- Focal point for significant infrastructure and development issues ensuring quality designs.
- Build roadmap(s) for implementing software and technology best practices in alignment with portfolio architecture.
- Proactively identify opportunities where solutions can enhance organizational efficiency.
- Actively coach the team to solve complex problems.
- Keeps abreast of latest technological/industry trends.
- Trusted Technology advisor/advocate for business units.
- Support the development of technology roadmaps and proposals to achieve business plans.
- Foster a high-performance culture for staff in the architecture team and influence this culture within Canada Life.
- Work closely with all team members to create solutions that accommodates future architectural changes and designs.
- Identify critical driving forces of process, data, people and technology at the highest levels.
- Ability to look beyond traditional business concepts and drill to the heart of a given concept.
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in complex IT environments.
- Team leadership experience.
- Values simplicity and is unafraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships across multiple geographies and business functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate high-level concepts and solutions with Technology and Business teams and stakeholders.
- Advanced level of analysis of the big picture while maintaining a level of detail appropriate to the context of a variety of situations.
- Clear ability to simplify complex concepts.
- Self-starter with the ability to comfortably operate in ambiguity.
- Ability to challenge; understanding how to impact and influence.
- Ability to gauge, express and communicate risk.
- Experience in the financial services industry or in a similar complex and regulated industry.
- Experience with business process modernization (e.g. moving to a paperless environment)
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google).
- Experience with Contact Centre technology stacks
- Experience with Modern Omni Channel architectures
- Experience with Salesforce & CRM
- Experience using Workflow and Content management technologies (e.g. Appian, IBM CP4A/FileNet, OnBase)
- Experience using Robot Process Automation technologies (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere)
- Experience with working with an applying EA frameworks
- Experience developing target state architectures and roadmaps
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted