A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Service Representative working from home located in Winnipeg reporting to the Supervisor, Consumer Service Assurance. The successful candidate will be accountable for delivering an exceptional customer support experience through different contact methods such as phone or messaging. You will be focusing on resolving the customers concern while respecting the customer's time.
We provide service to our customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year, and the successful candidate will be required to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
A typical day
• You are the biggest advocate for our customers
• Provide knowledgeable technical support and troubleshooting guidance with Network, Internet, Television and Digital Phone
• Deliver exceptional customer experience through our Messaging and Phone Platforms while staying within our scope of support
• Educate customers in the full benefit of their Shaw products and services
• Look for opportunities to improve our business and simplify customer experiences
• Ability to work independently through a work from home environment
• Accurately document customer interactions and escalate service issues
• Provide feedback to leadership teams to improve customer experience
• Various other duties as needed
•Demonstrated customer service experience within a retail, sales, or call center environments
• General knowledge of Wifi, connectivity, and networking
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
• Professional business manner
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and adaptable to changing priorities and challenging situations
• A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
•This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
•As a condition of employment, all new employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a federally approved COVID-19 vaccine (or proof of a valid exemption)
Posting closing date:December 16, 2021
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.