Job Requisition Id: 54465
Business Function: Customer Service
Primary City: Winnipeg
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: Bilingual Imperative (BBCC)
Employee Class and Level: UPCEA06
Number of Vacancies: 3
Job Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 07/09/2020
The Lead Agent, Customer Service, provides a high degree of specialized service to Canada Post Call Centre agents and customers for issues and complaints that may reach the President or the Ombudsman by acting as the first level of contact in the escalation process.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Lead Agent, Customer Service.
- Provides Call Centre agents with expert assistance in locating information required to provide front-line customer service. Coordinates work priorities of customer service representatives to ensure service levels are met at the end of the day.
- Acts as first level of contact to agents in the handling of difficult customers, emergency calls, and to customers who wish to escalate complaints, issues, and problems to the President or the Ombudsman. Follows up and maintains contact with customers to ensure complete satisfaction with the service rendered. Documents all cases thoroughly.
- Monitors the Meridian MAX and regularly provides information regarding service levels. Coordinate/prioritizes call centre agents’ priorities to ensure service levels are met at the end of the day. Gathers statistical information on the agents’ performance and communicates same to the agents and the officer.
- Escalates files on behalf of customers and agents by communicating with appropriate section and division of Canada Post. Identifies problems to the Officer and suggests potential corrective measures.
- Supervises and schedules shifts, and ensures proper staffing of all positions and that hours are maintained to meet operational requirements.
- Compiles and processes readily available information following pre-established guidelines. Prepares and distributes various daily, weekly and monthly reports. Prepares spreadsheets and charts. Maintains accurate and up to date information on various lists as required.
- Maintains accurate records, assembles, analyzes and compiles information, statistics and reports, cross references all documents to ensure data accuracy and integrity. Verifies various reports, identifies anomalies and ensures corrective actions are undertaken.
- Locates items by using the network established or by accessing delivery information for bar-coded products using mainframe systems.
- Verifies legitimacy of a claim through the inquiry process ensuring all requirements have been met. Negotiates and issues refunds/payments with customers for service failures or dissatisfaction.
- Performs other duties such as acting as single point of contact for problems with computers, opening and closing the Call Centre ensuring it is secure, and remaining current on products and services.
- Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards, or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Completion of post-secondary (College/University) course(s) in a related field.
- 2-5 years of related work experience is required.
Other Candidate Requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Adept at customer engagement.
- Skilled at problem analysis and the resolution of customer issues.
- Sufficient knowledge of Canada Post products, policies and procedures to provide specialized service to Call Centre agents and customers.
- Knowledge of MAX, which provides statistical information on agent performance and call center service.
Bilingual (English - French)
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders