Director Customer Service Scootaround /WHILL North America
Who You Are
As a Director of Customer Service, you are passionate about building relationships, and embracing a positive employee culture and you are experienced in managing and building customer service teams.
What You Do
As the Director Customer Service, initially, you will be the chief architect of creating the blueprint for the customer support services across all the North American divisions. Once complete you will then be the engineer implementing this plan. This will involve defining and outlining a uniform approach to customer service across all channels - synchronizing all available tools and resources.
Report to the COO and as a member of the Corporate Leadership team, you will then provide leadership guidance to the management team of our Customer Service divisions to help support the teams’ growth and performance supporting the overall business initiatives of these divisions. You will establish performance metrics for customer service representatives as well as service levels and requirements for the department with development and implementation methods to record, assess, and analyze customer feedback. You will develop and implement training and quality assurance programs for new hires as well as experienced employees. You will oversee and interact with 3 dedicated managers as your direct reports, in the Airline, WHILL Product Customer Support and Scootaround Solution and Reservation Centers.
What That Actually Involves
- Ensuring the customer service teams works in collaboration with all other business functions, consistently delivering superior end-to-end customer experience across stages, channels and touchpoints in the customer communication with us.
- Ensures that the customer service team members are acting in accordance with set standards, procedures and policies, at all times
- Create a culture and processes which achieve the business goals and objectives with regards to their customer service
- Analyzing customer insight reports and analytics to identify companywide improvements and present these to the C Suite.
- Identifying and providing feedback through 1:1’s, effective use of personal development plans and provision of coaching & development opportunities.
- Develops procedures and policies for better handling of customer correspondence and customer complaints.
- Defines and creates appropriate metrics and key performance indicators to ensure that customer obligations are met.
- Assess changes in workload, evaluate impact to service levels, and make recommendations as needed.
- Establishes performance metrics for customer service representatives.
- Establishes service levels and requirements for the department.
- Develops and implements methods to record, assess, and analyze customer feedback.
- Develops and implements training and quality assurance programs for new hires and experienced employees.
- Responsible for departments Budgets.
- Maintaining and protecting the company’s brand reputation and quality of service.
- A Bachelor's or graduate degree in Business or related field with 7-10 years of leadership experience in a customer service environment.
- Experience in developing and maintaining high performing customer service teams
- Process and continual improvement mindset to constantly be seeking ‘a better way’
- A passion and applicable working knowledge and experience in our subject matter areas
- Proficiency in all required software including Microsoft 365, Adobe Excel etc.
- Knowledge of related Call Centre Technology such as Procedure Flow, Learning Management Software, Talk Desk, CRM’s etc.
- Prior experience with analytics and understanding of support metrics and KPIs
- Ability to gather and analyze data to understand the pros and cons of different decisions and options
- Strong customer orientation and a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction and support service delivery
- Strong cross-functional, technical Program/Project management experience including planning, scheduling, monitoring and stakeholder reporting
- Strong documentation and presentation skills including creative thinking and willingness to work hands-on to deliver impactful outcomes
- A proven track record of developing and coaching employees and building high performing teams including using metrics to help determine employee performance
- Exceptional client servicing skills.
- Ability to “pull appropriate levers”, collaborate with peers and shift resources to meet service levels and business objectives
- Ability to analyze complex problems and provide effective solutions which may require cross-departmental assistance and collaboration to delight the client.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment in managing team and client situations including effectively risk mitigation
- Excellent benefits package.
- Fun, flexible, team-oriented environment.
- Competitive salary and vacation policy.