Take an inside look at what you’ll do each day
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Direct Support Specialists will be responsible for maintaining and promoting physical care to include, menu planning and preparation, medication administration, personal care, activities of daily living, day-to-day house management, record keeping, etc.
The Direct Support Specialists will support individuals by promoting their involvement with family, friends, advocates and the community to ensure that their comfort, safety, and health requirements are being met. The Direct Support Specialists will also encourage individuals to develop individual skills, talents and abilities so that they may have maximum control over their own life.
Check out https://directsupportmb.ca/ to see the impact that you can have on our client's lives.
Hours: Combination of hours and should be flexible and available to work either weekends and/or evenings.
What you need to be successful
- Experience/knowledge of working with adult clients with intellectual and mental disabilities.
- Experience/knowledge of working with clients with alcohol and drug dependencies.
- Must have a valid certification in emergency first Aid and CPR.
- Required to have a clear Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector, Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry valid in the last 3 months.
- Minimum Grade Twelve education, preferably post-secondary, Developmental Service Worker Certificate, Health Care Aide certification or a combination of related education/experience.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and oral), organizational skills, the ability to work effectively within a team environment, sound decision making abilities and the capacity to work with minimal supervision.
What CBI Health offers you
- Continuous learning and skills development, including management opportunities
- Training and mentoring from a national network of experts
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits including group health, dental and vision benefits, provided you are working a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Flexible hours, which allow work-life balance and focus on quality of life
For millions of Canadians, CBI Health is where better begins. We are Canada’s leading community healthcare provider, reliably delivering innovative rehabilitation and home care programs that help our clients achieve their health goals. With 250+ locations and supporting more than 800 communities, people are at the heart of what we do. Every day, all across the country, our 13,000 staff work together to make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives and help shape healthcare for the better. Learn more at cbihealth.ca.
CBI Health is proud to be recognized by Deloitte as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the 15th year in a row. A huge thank you to all our team members, whose dedication, passion, and innovation have enabled us to achieve this recognition year after year.
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.