Make the Most of Customer Service Week
Great customer service is a powerful tool for any company, especially in today's challenging business environment. In fact, beyond the quality of the product or service being sold, it may be the single most critical influencer for brand loyalty, buying behavior and future business opportunities.
So, when Customer Service Week comes around every October, take note: It’s not only morale-boosting but also good business for you to recognize this event. Use the opportunity to show some appreciation to your workers who interact with customers on the front line, from receptionists to call center specialists, customer service managers and enrollment specialists.
What is Customer Service Week?
Customer Service Week is an international celebration that calls attention to the importance of customer service and the people who provide it, with these goals:
- Boost morale and teamwork
- Reward employees for the significant work they do
- Raise awareness of the value of customer service
- Thank other departments for their support
- Remind those who buy your products or use your services of the company’s commitment to customer satisfaction
Every year, Customer Service Week falls on the first week in October, so you might want to mark these dates on your calendar for this and upcoming years:
- 2021: Oct. 4-8
- 2022: Oct. 3-7
- 2023: Oct. 2-6
How can you recognize your team?
You can show your appreciation to the customer service professionals in your workplace in several ways.
- Offer to pay for professional development training
- Establish an employee rewards program and reward your team with incentives
- Take the time to express gratitude and offer praise for a job well done
You can also help them improve their customer service skills by offering:
- Tuition reimbursement for off-site courses or seminars
- Online courses or instructor-led workshops
- Books or other reference materials
Keep checking in with MCCA with ideas on how you can support your customer service professionals during Customer Service Week.
Learn, grow and succeed with Manitoba Customer Contact. We can help - just [email protected]