A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Our dedicated Customer Account Specialist team members help our customers tackle any challenge with courtesy and integrity. As a Customer Account Specialist, you will support customers either over the phone or via chat messages. You will play a meaningful role in the customer experience we provide our customers, and in driving profitability through retention and up-selling.
A typical day
• As our customers’ first point of contact, you are the face of our company.
• You’re a problem-solver who will go to notable lengths to deliver an exceptional customer experience successfully resolving the reason for their call!
• You understand remarkable customer experience drives customer loyalty and you strive for every customer to choose Shaw.
• You’re passionate about the service we provide and can suggest new products to our customers based on their needs to improve their connectivity experience.
• You can multitask across systems and applications, analyze and resolve a variety of complex invoice issues.
• You’re energized to be a part of an ever-evolving industry and have the potential to identify our customers’ needs.
• You will be our customer’s connectivity expert on entertainment packages and services that add value by fitting their unique lifestyle and financial needs.
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time.
• You love to learn. And you love the way it feels to help someone out. You believe in working in a company with strong family values.
• You are part of the amazing team, that behind our excellent products, make-up Shaw! If this sounds like you, you could be our next Customer Account Specialist!
• Availability to attend approximately eight weeks of required training on a fixed schedule that may include evenings or weekends
• Flexibility to work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00p.m. including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with exciting situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
• Prior experience in customer service required
• Previous experience in a contact center environment an asset
• Experience working within a fast-paced environment
• Excellent computer navigation and keyboard skills (A typing test is required)
• Exceptional verbal communication skills with the flair to converse naturally with customers
• Comfort in assessing customer needs and offering product and service solutions over the phone
• Ability to work independently and the desire to go above and beyond while contributing to your team’s overall success
• Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills while being adaptable to changing priorities and exciting situations
• Self-motivated, goal and career-oriented, and willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that continually evolves to server our customers better
•This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
•As a condition of employment, all new employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a federally approved COVID-19 vaccine (or proof of a valid exemption)
Posting closing date: May 5, 2022