SkipTheDishes is looking for a strong communicator with a passion for executing integrated campaigns, strategic planning, and creative thinking who knows how to spot a story, and how to tell it.
The Communications Manager will work in collaboration with stakeholders across the organization to manage and deliver a national communications strategy. To be successful in this role, you’ll require a high degree of creativity and drive to find innovative ways to share our brand with the outside world. You understand the importance of brainstorming and know that a strategic plan that ties back to the company’s overall objectives, when done right, will make an impact.
What’s On Your Plate:
- Develop and implement communications strategies, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams across the organization to manage a range of proactive communications campaigns and initiatives, including areas related to partnerships and marketing opportunities.
- Awareness of industry news and trends, integrating compelling angles into PR campaigns at both local and national levels to drive proactive coverage for the business.
- Brainstorm new ideas and strategies with teams, being able to think creatively and pivot with short notice.
- Manage media relations while drafting various communications materials for both media and internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Communications Director in providing issues management and crisis communications for the organization.
- Support profile building activities as appropriate, including interviews, speaking engagements, media training, etc..
- Support internal communications activities, campaigns and initiatives as required.
- Conduct post-campaign analysis for campaigns, presenting strategic recommendations for future improvements alongside monthly reports.
- Manage external PR agency to support the above efforts.
Recipe For Success
- Minimum of five years related work experience, with experience in both corporate and consumer communications preferred; experience managing a team/agency is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field
- Experience managing complex and fast-moving issues
- Strong writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- A natural communicator and collaborator who can find the answers you need, when you need them
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects at once, working with internal teams, external stakeholders and media
- You have a great attitude and are a proven self-starter: You don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do, you just do it
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing high-impact work.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.