Full Job Description
Requisition ID: 321540
Position Number: 20000969
Posting End Date: September 19, 2022
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: Winnipeg Corporate
Department / Unit: Home Care Logistics
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 09/19/2022
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.25
Annual Base Hours: 1885
Salary: $18.173, $18.627, $19.101, $19.645, $20.142, $20.720
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general direction of the Manager – Procurement, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Placing orders for supplies and equipment.
- Responding to inquiries regarding products, order status, etc..
- Following up on orders as required.
- Maintaining the database of product/client/staff information.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Two years previous related data entry/clerical experience required.
- Experience in a Supply Chain environment preferred.
- Experience with Windows based computer software required.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Keyboarding skills (45 wpm) required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology related to medical supplies preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work under moderate supervision showing organization, adaptability individual initiative and judgment.
- Lifting of packages no greater than 20 kgs.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.