Scootaround is looking for an Airline Claim Specialist to join our Airline Division Team in Winnipeg.
What You Will Do
As an Airline Claim Specialist, you will act as the first point of contact between our airline partners and their passengers. You will use your superior people skills and problem-solving abilities to assist airlines with their damaged mobility equipment claims. You will be responsible for effectively managing airline claims by responding to and finding solutions to inquiries and keeping client files current.
What That Actually Involves
- Prioritize airline and passenger inquiries in a timely and solution-oriented manner.
- Coordinate and follow up routinely with airlines, passengers, manufacturers, and vendors.
- Research appropriate vendors to provide timely solutions for claim resolution.
- Accurately obtain and document intake details.
- Accurately and professionally document the details of the claim in the notes.
- Prepare work and purchase orders, manage quotes, and follow up on invoices to complete the claim and ensure the supporting documents are uploaded.
- Work with the Airline Division Supervisor to ensure all inquiries from Quality Assurance are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage a portfolio of at least 30 – 35 active claims, subject to change based on operational requirements.
What You Will Need
- Bilingual is an asset, French or Spanish.
- A minimum of three (3) years of customer service experience (call centre or insurance claims environment an asset).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, telephone manner and IT literacy.
- A minimum typing speed of 45 WPM
- The ability to maintain calm and professional manner when communicating with distressed passengers.
- Strong attention to detail and grammar to enter passenger and client data with accuracy.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Creative approaches to solving complex problems.
- Flexibility and the ability to work all shifts including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Fun, flexible, team-oriented environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Hybrid, 2 days in office, 3 at home.
- Must have reliable internet speed of 5Mbps for download and minimum for upload to work at home.
Who We Are
Scootaround is North America’s leading mobility enhancement company. We rent, repair and service scooters, wheelchairs, walkers, oxygen, and all other types of personal mobility equipment in over 2,500 locations across North America and recently moved to directly selling mobility equipment through our online store and call centre. Since 1997, Scootaround has been a proven innovator in developing solutions for travelers requiring personal mobility equipment. Today, Scootaround is the only company in the world uniquely positioned to accommodate a growing demographic utilizing these services worldwide.
If you thrive on helping people, think about choosing a rewarding career where you will have the opportunity to connect with people in challenging situations.
Apply at https://scootaround.com/en/careers.