|# of openings:||4|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
Do you just ADORE animals as much as we do? Are you passionate about promoting quality care and wellness for people’s pets? Do you want to be a part of a culture that’s transforming the perceived value of pet insurance? If you answered yes then we have just the opportunity for you!
- Assist customers with policy and claims-related inquiries
- Up-sell/retain pet health insurance policies with existing customers
- Respond to, advocate and resolve customer inquiries regarding policy details and claims, in collaboration with functional specialists in Customer Care, Claims and Underwriting
- Capture notes on customer interactions using in-house system and following up with customers to obtain accurate information
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance team on continuous improvement of service and sales protocols and standards
- Recommend and up-sell policies, focusing on retention and growing the customer base to meet established targets and the customer’s needs
- Promote and educate prospective customers via inbound, outbound and online programs
What do you bring to the role?
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You’re well versed in navigating multiple computer programs at once
- You’re committed to achieving individual and team goals
- You have proven ability to recognize sales opportunities in a contact center environment
- General Insurance License, Level 1 OR Level 2 is an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) required
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document. The posting will close at midnight on the deadline date; in order to successfully apply, please ensure your application is submitted by 11:59 p.m. the day before the deadline.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected].