Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Li.
We are looking for a Bilingual Content Specialist
This position is responsible for developing documentation, reports and to assess training and work flow efficiency and effectiveness for new client implementations, ongoing administration and re-enrolments. Product, application and client knowledge is provided for all roles in the department supporting our Outsourced clients and can also include our client and Group Office contacts. This role also requires communication of training progress with the trainee and the Management Team.
The Benefits Administration Solutions’ Content Specialist role is responsible for fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration, supporting Plan Sponsors, Business Development and Head Office Internal teams ensuring that the team works as a partner to retain and grow businesses in both the Group Life & Health and GRS markets.
The role is responsible for developing operational plan member material for both internal and external partners to be used by both Benefit Administration Solutions (BAS) and Plan Sponsors for daily administration of our customers’ benefit plans.
What you will do
Content Management and Client Support:
- Create and maintain plan sponsor/plan member reference materials, process and procedures, and communication materials (internal and external audiences)
- Collaborate with team responsible for client activities, such as new implementations, amendments, conversions, re-enrolments, and day to day operations
- Drive internal business process improvements and efficiencies as it relates to our customers and their needs
- Develop and adjust workflow, communication strategy, and procedures to support the implementation of any new or changed processes
- Work directly with the client when preparing high level process documents and materials
- Manage and prepare plan member reporting and mailouts
- Provide feedback to Client Benefit Specialist and Leadership team when new processes are being established
- Represent the unit as a subject matter expert
- Assist BAS staff with questions, investigations, and escalations including complex inquiries and provide problem resolution
- Coordinate and train staff in roles that support our Outsourced clients. This includes evaluation of trainee progress and communication to Leadership team
- Prepare and deliver training programs for the introduction of any new client
- Create and maintain training material and client procedural manuals to remain current with product enhancements, department/division/corporate policies & procedures, and Outsource Client Plans
Business travel may be required from time to time
What you will bring
- Must be a self-starter, motivated and creative
- Experience within the Group Customer division is a definite asset, including a strong working knowledge of benefits administration, enrolment, group products and services
- Speaks from a position of knowledge and experience in a positive and professional manner
- Demonstrates excellent business technical writing skills, being clear and concise, and having attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, clients, and across the business areas
- Able to analyze problems, identify resolutions and make decisions based on analysis
- Demonstrates a high level of Customer Service skills
- Previous training experience and understanding of adult training principles would be an asset
- Well-developed organizational skills including the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks/clients and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Business or Communications related post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be bilingual in English/French