Are you looking for an opportunity to join the City? 311 is currently looking for candidates to gain experience in our workforce.
311 is the primary point of contact for the public to either request or receive information regarding services provided by the City of Winnipeg. Reporting to the 311 Team Leader, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) responds to customer inquiries or provides information via telephone, fax, mail, social media, and web mail.
As corporate ambassadors, CSR’s perform the following duties; access data bank to investigate and resolve incoming requests for service/information, refer or directly transfer to municipal and non-municipal resources, thoroughly and accurately document all customer service requests or reports.
311 is open 24/7, and our Customer Service Representatives are scheduled to meet the needs of the public that we serve. Shifts can vary in length and usually include a combination of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends for all CSRs, and can range from 8-40 hours/week, depending on the needs of the contact centre at the time of scheduling. Paid training will take place during a combination of weekdays and evenings, 5 days/week, approximately 30 hours/week, for approximately 7 weeks beginning as early as August 2022.
As the 311 Customer Service Representative you will:
- Deal directly with the public by responding to incoming calls, emails, mail and social media interactions
- Search the computerized knowledge base to locate and link to relevant information to respond to public inquiries and provide information or resources as required
- Relay information to customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Enter the required information into the data base and generate service requests for the appropriate departments
- Document all customer service requests or reports, thoroughly and accurately, as required to track incoming calls
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- Some experience providing courteous and professional customer service
- Previous contact centre experience is an asset
- Demonstrated respect for diversity with a commitment to providing respectful and inclusive customer service
- Strong computer and website navigation skills and the ability to quickly learn various databases and applications in a multi-tasking environment
- Fluency in English with a demonstrated ability to speak clearly, calmly, and professionally
- Fluency in French with a demonstrated ability to speak clearly, calmly, and professionally is an asset
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent listening, reading and comprehension skills
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense. To obtain Police Information Check information please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- Applicants who identify they speak French may be required to undergo a French Language Assessment
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented