Manitoba Customer Contact Association (MCCA) is seeking 3 individuals for Board nomination who possess the skills, experience and values needed for MCCA to continue to grow and succeed in an increasingly competitive and complex Industry.
In addition, MCCA is looking for 1 non‑voting member of the Board, whom shall be a representative of the Vendor Members. The non‑voting member shall have all the rights and obligations of a voting Director of the Board, including the right to receive notice and participate in meetings of the Board, except both the right to vote on any matter to be decided by the Board and the right to be appointed an officer of MCCA.
Benefits of Serving as a Board of Director:
- Experience a greater return on your membership investment. By getting involved you will meet more people and learn new things;
- Gain experience in a new area: there are opportunities to gain volunteer experience and skills that are different to your workplace experience;
- Develop leadership skills: being a volunteer leader will give you the opportunity to work with committees and gain leadership skills that will benefit your career;
- Opportunities to attend leadership events that focus on education and networking with other leaders;
- Create business relationships with individuals you might not otherwise have an opportunity to meet or work with;
- Meet new Industry colleagues;
- Enhance your organization’s ROI of your MCCA membership with recognition at functions, identification of your role & organization on MCCA website;
- Have direct involvement in setting MCCA strategic direction.
Do you have any of the following qualifications?
- Ability and eagerness to deal with values, vision and the long term
- Capacity for big picture, future-oriented thinking
- Appreciate the difference between governance and management
- Ability to work as a disciplined, high-performance, trustworthy and ethical team
- Have knowledge about the services to members and vision/goals of the association
- Be able to actively participate in open and careful deliberation on all matters
- Have a willingness to invest in others, inspiring confidence and enthusiasm
- Have support from his/her employer and colleagues regarding the time commitment required for Board service
Successful Board members will govern MCCA to promote the development and sustainability of a growing, healthy, and dynamic Industry. We have an Executive Director who manages a professional staff team, an annual operating budget, Directors and Officers Liability insurance, and we use a Policy Governance® system of governing. We meet as a Board a minimum of 6 times per year at times convenient to the majority of the Board members (typically in June, Sept, Oct, Jan, Feb, & Mar).
2022-23 MCCA NOMINATION COMMITTEE
- Sheri Banville, MCCA Secretary/Treasurer
- Deb Kocen, MCCA Director
- Bruce Rose, MCCA Executive Director
Deadline for applications: June 3, 2022
All the best,
Bruce Rose, M.A, SHRM-SCP
Manitoba Customer Contact Association