Closing Date: June 14, 2019
Under the direction of the Winnipeg Transit Plus Contact Centre Supervisor, the Winnipeg Transit Plus Service Representative, while working as part of a service delivery team is responsible for providing information and assistance to callers, front line transportation service requests to registered Winnipeg Transit Plus users and assistance to contract service providers.
Our Service Representatives are scheduled to meet the needs of the public that we serve. Training is full-time for 2 weeks, after which the position is part-time. Please see the ‘Hours of Work’ information below for more details.
As the Service Representative you will:
- Answer incoming telephone calls from the public and registrants, respond to their inquiries, and enter trip request information into the system as necessary and provide registrants with information on Winnipeg Transit Plus policies, procedures and processes as required.
- Ensure accuracy of trip information by confirming scheduled trip requests and scheduled trip request details and adhere to special instructions relating to service delivery of individual registrants.
- Record registrants’ complaints, commendations and general inquiries in a courteous, informative, and empathetic manner while maintaining registrants’ confidentiality at all times.
- Make outbound calls to cancel trips due to emergent situations such as extreme weather conditions or vehicle breakdowns; monitor schedule adherence of drivers, dispatch vehicle resources and provide information between contractors and registrants; and relay trip information, cancellations and additions to drivers via radio and/or e-mail.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, taking special care in the communication of instructions to callers to minimize errors and ensuring comprehension by the caller.
- Assist with the monitoring of the Winnipeg Transit Plus service delivery system.
- Enforce/administer Winnipeg Transit Plus Cancellation and No Show policies in an effort to reduce occurrences and collect on those with outstanding fees owing.
- Monitor client information systems making sure proper practices are followed relating to service use.
- Take credit card payments from registrants on Fare Payment from Account (FPA) and provide information to registrants regarding account balances.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the classification as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of one year working experience in a customer service/office environment.
- Ability to: communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and type accurately at 20 w.p.m.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency at a basic level with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and windows-based applications, the ability to navigate databases, use e-mail and internet, and the ability to quickly learn and utilize various databases and applications in a multi-tasking environment.
- A demonstrated ability to listen effectively, speak clearly, calmly and professionally, while demonstrating appropriate and effective customer service skills during very stressful situations, always being courteous and tactful.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of the City of Winnipeg street system, location of major health care institutions, post-secondary education facilities, shopping centres and major employment locations.
Conditions of employment:
- A Police Information Check with the Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate(s), at their expense.
Hours of Work: Scheduling is based on operational demands. Please note:
- Applicants must be available to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays. Hours of operation are 06:00 – 24:30.
- Shifts can range from 3.5 hours to 7 hours in length.
- This is a part-time position with no guarantee of hours. Applicants may be scheduled 0-35 hours/week.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
- Current resume (Required).
*Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ's or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is $15.89-$22.52 hourly.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.