Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Monitor all processes that come into direct contact with the customer through traditional channels, design the lifecycle of the product, develop and deliver customer engagement strategies while paying close attention to customer trends
- Oversee the Customer Experience team which is responsible for the learning and development of staff, the quality monitoring program and delivering on customer experience initiatives
Customer Experience Management
- Strategize and deliver on customer experience initiatives and engagement programs through traditional channels (phone calls, email, website, live chat, social media and other emerging communication media)
- Capture customer feedback through customer surveys, social media and complaint handling
- Provide expert advice to upper management and peers on business initiatives from a customer`s perspective
- Influence and guide product and system development to continually improve customer experience
- Analyze customer touchpoints and anticipate how customers will interact with Petline; improve the experience which in turn helps improve sales, customer retention and loyalty
- Collaborate with leadership team on ‘Live the User Experience’ sessions to raise awareness and gain cross-department buy-in on customer experience initiatives
- Follow up with unsatisfied customers (level 2 complaint) – valuing their business, actively seeking ways to improve the experience in the future and re-establishing the relationship with the customer
- Oversee the development, organization and facilitation of new hire classes, sales/service training and ongoing learning needs as the business identifies
- Facilitate training as required
- Develop and improve existing job aids and reference documents for Customer Care staff
- Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness
- Oversee the quality monitoring program and ensure a consistent level of excellence is met
- Ensure that quality and compliance expectations are met
- Coordinate and schedule provincial licensing exams (FOI, RIBO, AMF)
- Manage the continuing education (CE) credits for licensed insurance advisors
- Facilitate quality calibration sessions with department leaders
- Lead a team of Customer Experience Specialists to ensure the team remains highly motivated and engaged to influence the employees they directly assist
- Manage clear performance expectations and maintain standards through feedback and monitoring
- Effectively communicate Customer Experience initiatives to ensure that staff understand the purpose and are driven to complete tasks
- Provide guidance and coaching to direct reports
- Lead the implementation of sales strategies
- Identify and disseminate new business leads and sales opportunities
- Assist with sales presentation and plan comparisons
- Assist with brand management and coordination of policies
- Participate in creating and implementing sales and customer retention development plans to meet growth objectives
- Participate and/or lead in the development and roll-out of new business initiatives including product and processes
Your Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing and developing customer journey and experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a formalized training position creating training programs
- University degree or 2-year college diploma
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience designing, creating and managing surveys
- Demonstrated analysis and reporting skills
- Driven to improve processes and take initiative to highlight opportunities
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple priorities in a faced-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and expertise in customer service delivery
- Flexible and responsive to both the needs of the customer and the organization
- Able to work effectively as a leader, team member or individually as required in a demanding and changing environment
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in French is a strong asset
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.