Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Supervisor, Sales
Shaw Communications is looking for a talented leader to join our Supervisory team in our world class call center located in Winnipeg. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Manager, Customer Care and will be responsible for leading a diverse team of front-line agents towards ensuring an exceptional customer experience while driving business results.
Who you are (Experience and Skills):
- You love inspiring, engaging and connecting with people.
- You love being a part of a team that strives to achieve one common goal while building on the individual strengths of each person.
- You train, coach and develop your team to be the next big thing. You love seeing people take the next step in their careers; in fact, you promote internal development.
- You have a proven track record of 3-5 years of successful management/leadership experience in a customer centric environment, leading 15-22 frontline employees. Other relevant experience will also be considered.
- You love building a results-driven team while providing an exceptional customer service experience.
- You can multitask and manage multiple commitments to your team, your leaders and our customers.
- You aren’t afraid to speak your mind and bring the next great idea to the table. In fact, you turn your ideas into reality.
- You have the ability to adapt to different situations and lead change in an industry that is always evolving.
- You have the ability to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
What you do (Accountabilities):
- You are a Shaw Ambassador displaying the vision and values of the organization.
- You are a leader among leaders owning and supporting the business, continuously developing initiatives to improve the business with clear and concise expectations and precise execution.
- You lead by example, driving the right behaviors and deterring the undesirable ones.
- You partner closely with your peers, taking initiative and participating in stretch assignments such as new hire on-boarding, communication memos, recruitment and selection.
- You run electrifying team meetings, instilling excitement and providing continuous learning and resources to help build performance.
- You develop and mentor your team side-by-side to live into their full potential.
- You have strong people and presentation skills in the form of written and verbal communication.
What we offer (the perks of working at Shaw):
- Shaw provides a customizable benefits plan to suit you and your family’s needs
- 3 weeks of paid vacation so that you can have a healthy work-life balance
- Incredible employee discounts for all your entertainment needs including WideOpen Internet 150, all you can watch TV/video, and all you can talk long distance, as well as corporate discounts with many major retail partners
- Dedicated resources for continuous learning and career growth as well as opportunities both locally and across Canada
- Success Sharing Program, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Employee Stock Options Programs, scholarships for dependents, enhanced parental leave, and retirement and savings plans
- A Recruit & Reward program to help you earn $600 when you refer a friend or family member to a role at Shaw
- Employee Giving Programs to augment your charitable endeavors and support you in giving back to the community
- Canadians serving Canadians in their own city
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.