This role contributes to Wawanesa’s success by leading a team of Shared Services Specialists providing primary level support to leaders and employees, with HCM transaction support, core process and policy inquiry management and resolution on a wide range of topics (including inquiries about updating personal or work-related information, inquiries about policies, etc.). This role will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the HR Shared Services roadmap over the next 9-12 months. The Supervisor, Human Resources Shared Services maintains service levels ensuring support is in alignment with Wawanesa’s policies and processes.
- Achieve HR Shared Services operational objectives by setting team priorities, monitoring and assigning day to day activities, completing audits; implementing change and providing regular feedback regarding any process issues
- Perform process gap analysis through regular audits/reports of Incident Management process and proposes plans to close gaps with the aim to continually improve the performance of Shared Services and help to meet leading practices and industry standards
- Establish, maintain and foster positive working relationships with HRBP, COEs, business teams and leaders
- Oversee and coach a team to ensure work environment is respectful, challenging, and rewarding, and employees are maximized to their full potential while contributing to the achievement of the company’s goals.
- Ensure effectiveness of the intake process; ensuring updates are completed and communicated
- Establish and facilitate an operating model that ensures the HRBP and COE teams share upcoming changes and support required from Shared Services
- Update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in Shared Services and Incident Management, participating in educational opportunities and reviewing professional publications
- Establish and evaluated continued performance against the Service Level Agreement standards; focusing on continuous improvement
- Ensure the availability of updated employee and HR-related data on Wawanesa’s HRIS for the purpose of assisting in effective decision making with regards to HR policies, procedures and regulations across the company.
- Coordinate with Wawanesa’s departments to arrange all necessary documentation required for Shared Services employees training and up to date knowledge.
- Identify & lead continuous improvement initiatives and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate statements and reports to meet department requirements, policies and quality standards.
- Contribute to budget preparation and manage to forecast
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent and/or CPHR preferred.
- 2-3 years’ leadership experience in an HR capacity, preferably Shared Services
- 5-7 years’ experience of broad exposure to HR practices, including Shared Services in a progressive organization.
- Working knowledge of HR systems and technical concepts, SAP SuccessFactors preferred
- Experience using Shared Services technology (e.g., case management, knowledge management)
- Generalist HR knowledge; comprehensive up to date knowledge of policies, process, labour laws and employment legislation
- Strong consistent customer service, relationship management and interpersonal skills interacting with all position levels
- Drive for results, using sound judgment and problem-solving skills while meeting established service level standards
- Action oriented, multi-tasking and prioritizing critical items while learning quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Proven teamwork capabilities and willingness to work alongside colleagues to resolve inquiries
- Maintains confidentiality, discretion about detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks
- French fluency is an asset
- Experience in insurance is an asset
- HR designation is an asset
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, you can view a more detailed job description and apply online at jobs.wawanesa.com.