Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
What we offer:
• A competitive base salary with a leading edge Pay for Performance incentive structure
• Industry-leading rewards and recognition program. Earn point towards things you love such as; travel, accommodations and merchandise!
• Shaw provides a customizable benefits plan to suit you and your family’s needs including extended coverage on massages, Invisline and laser eye surgery. The benefits are available immediately to both part-time and full-time employees
• 3 weeks of paid vacation so that you can have a healthy work-life balance (Available for part-time and fulltime employees)
• Incredible employee discounts for all your entertainment needs including WideOpen Internet 150, all you can watch TV/video, and all you can talk long distance, as well as corporate discounts with many major retail partners
• Dedicated resources for continuous learning and career growth as well as opportunities both locally and across Canada.
• Success Sharing Program, Employee Share Purchase Plan, scholarships for dependents, enhanced parental leave, and retirement and savings plans
• A Recruit & Reward program to help you earn up to $1,000 when you refer a friend or family member to a role at Shaw
• Employee Giving Programs to augment your charitable endeavors and support you in giving back to the community
• Canadians serving Canadians in their own city
Being a Sales Consultant:
As our customers’ first point of contact, you are the face of our company. When customers choose Shaw, you are the person they talk to. You have the ability to ask the right questions to effectively match Shaw’s products and services with our customer’s unique needs and to uncover other opportunities.
You’re energized to be a brand ambassador in a constantly evolving industry with leading edge technology. You will be our customer’s connectivity expert on entertainment packages and services that add value by fitting their unique lifestyle and financial needs. You have excellent verbal communication that allows you to encourage an organic and engaging conversation. You love to learn and you love the way it feels to help someone out. You believe in working in a company with strong family values. You are part of an amazing team. If this sounds like you, you could be our next Sales Consultant!
What you Bring:
• The ability to have an engaging conversation to discover our customer’s needs and deliver a winning solution
• A positive, “can-do” attitude that leads to exceptional customer experience
• Experience working within a fast paced environment where no customer has to wait longer than 90 seconds for service
• Ability to effectively navigate computer applications while communicating on the phone
• Ability to work independently and the desire to go above and beyond while contributing to your team’s overall success
• Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills while being adaptable to changing priorities
• Self-motivated, goal and career oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment that continually evolves to serve our customers better
What we require:
• We don’t want our customers to miss a thing so we require availability to work between the hours of 7:00 am - 11:30 pm including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
• Available for 3-5 weeks of required full-time training on a fixed schedule that may include evenings and weekends
Come join us!
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.