- Job ID
- Job Location 1 : Location
- Canada Life Assurance Company
- Job Category
- Customer Service
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Industry
- Financial Services and Banking, Insurance
- Career Level
- Posted End Date
- Catégorie d'emploi
Plan Members as Customers is about building trust through every interaction we have with our plan members and represents a shift in our organization’s mindset. Proactively identifying, understanding and delivering on the products and experiences to meet the needs of our plan members using new tools, new processes, and data. This is a new role to execute on the vision of a member focused solutions centre, leading project and business resources to execute on the Plan Member as Customer strategy.
Our team of professional Member Guides help customers save. We provide Life, Health and retirement solutions and other services to help customers realize their financial and life goals.
Using a set of innovative tools and approaches, handling both inbound conversations and making outbound calls, the plan member guide will:
- Provide financial wellness guidance, Life and Health and retirement solutions during all phases of a plan member’s life and uses innovative tools to offer appropriate solutions
- Obtain knowledge of the plan member’s financial objectives and deliver personalized consultations detailing solutions best suited to the retirement and health planning needs of Canada Life customers
- Provide guidance, advice, professional account management, financial wellness, and financial planning to enhance a plan member’s wellbeing
- Leverage training model and sales enablement supports to identify plan member needs and help navigate them to appropriate next steps
- Provide education and point in time advice on financial planning and other relevant topics
- Engage the customer in site & app enrollment and navigation, claims submissions and site functionality, benefits review including coverage details, top-up opportunities, savings opportunities, portable benefits and individual health products; resolve issues and identifies strategies and options to achieve goals
- Identify opportunities and record engagement with each plan member using internal systems and tools
- Answer and respond appropriately to operational and procedural inquiries from current retirement plan members via inbound/outbound calls in-order to identify and/or close a sales opportunity.
- Participate in regular reviews, lessons learned and other retrospectives to ensure personalized approaches continue to meet plan member needs and expectations
- Will keep an eye on competitive intelligence through research and continue to identify emerging needs and seek out direction from appropriate resources
- Provide consistent feedback to leadership on opportunities for learning, works closely with 1st line compliance to ensure provincial requirements are adhered to
- Other duties as assigned which may involve some or all the following: staff meetings, product seminars/training, meeting all federal and provincial requirements as they pertain to insurance regulations etc., in support of strategic department and firm initiatives
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 - 5 years deep product knowledge of the Life and Health, Group Retirement Services and personalized products and services to present solutions with confidence that meet member needs
- Minimum of 5 years successfully working in sales/advisor team with experience in a sales environment
- Valid life insurance license (LLQP). If you do not currently have one, will be required to obtain within three months of hire. When licensed, will facilitate sale of product and service positioning
- Working towards or completion of relevant certificate, diploma or designation programs such as Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Certified Health Specialist (CHS)
- Positive, customer-oriented attitude
- Passion for financial advice and solutions
- Superior communications skills
- Proven ability to sustain and flourish in an ambiguous or unchartered area; must be comfortable with uncertainty and constant change
- Excellent organization, prioritization and planning skills required
- Availability for shifts between 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST, with potential for rotation onto Saturday shifts required in the future
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted