In your role as the HR Service Centre Representative, at The North West Company (NWC), you provide first-point-contact support for all manager and employee inquiries and issues related to enterprise-wide HR programs, policies, and procedures.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Respond to multi-channel contacts from managers and employees with inquiries and issues related to HR programs, policies, and procedures;
- Provide high quality, timely and professional customer service in a confidential manner;
- Resolve inquiries and issues at the first point of contact at a rate prescribed by a service level agreement;
- Provide accurate and comprehensive responses to contacts received based on a strong working knowledge of company HR programs, policies, and procedures as well as related government legislation and regulations.
- Where additional information is required to provide a response to an inquiry or issue, conduct the required research or investigation to enable resolution of the matter within the time frame prescribed by the service level agreement.
- Escalate matters not resolved at the first point of contact to the appropriate HR resource
- Thoroughly and accurately record all Service Centre contacts using the available case management application
- Provide recommendations to change or improve current HR practices based on feedback received through contacts
Desired Skills & Experience:
- College or university degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience;
- Minimum 6 Months of HR experience;
- Minimum of 1 year in a service role and/or demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, on a rotational basis;
- Demonstrated generalist knowledge of HR practices;
- Experience in a service centre environment is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak in French is an asset;
- A demonstrated ability to manage conflict and diffuse difficult situations;
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask;
- Ability to manage fluctuating workload and time pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion; and
- Proficient MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Wpg. MB
Reports to: Manager Employee Relations - Service Delivery
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.