Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Customer Solutions Expert
Are you driven to sell?
The rewards for reaching our targets make it a ride you want to take!
Help us help our customers never miss a thing, ensure they have access to the latest information at the fastest speeds, and stay in touch with family and friends by making outbound, non-scripted warm and cold sales calls to promote and sell the features and benefits of Shaw products and services.
• Our Solution-Based Customer Solutions Experts are directly responsible for shaping new and existing business growth for our residential internet, cable, and phone customers
• Within the first 3 months on the job, you will develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge of products, services, pricing, and packages to provide a needs-based sales approach and exceptional customer experience for all customers
• With a drive for results, you will attain and exceed pre-determined individual and team sales targets, accurately enter work orders and track daily sales results using a variety of computer systems
• You will support the Customer Solutions Expert team by researching and sharing the latest and most effective sales strategies and pitches
What you bring:
• Self-motivation with the drive and energy to seek out sales opportunities and push self and others for results
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity and an ability to treat each call as a new opportunity
• Excellent interpersonal communication and active listening skills, with an ability to relate well to, and build appropriate rapport, with all types of customers
• Ability to be resourceful in order to quickly find information using a variety of tools/sources
• Basic aptitude with computers with an ability and desire to quickly learn new systems; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to bring forth new ideas and take part in new initiatives
• A proven track record as a sales professional that consistently exceeds sales performance objectives using your influencing and relationship building skills would be considered an asset
• Previous call center experience and familiarity with a customer order tracking system would be an asset
The Work Environment:
• Work as part of a team of Customer Solutions Experts in our Winnipeg office
• Report to a Supervisor, Customer Solutions
• The environment is dynamic, fast-paced, supportive, autonomous, and extremely fun!
• Both team and individual successes are recognized
Shift and Training Availability
• Successful candidates must have open availability for training and shift duties.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Business Unit: Consumer
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.