What is the opportunity?
If you are a self-motivated, determined individual who enjoys a challenge, this role is your opportunity to build a career in financial services with one of Canada’s largest banks. You are an important part of our Advice Centre team, and you own the moment with our clients — whether you’re assisting with their day-to-day banking inquiries and credit card transactions, or proactively providing sound, tailored financial advice on the phone. It’s a challenge you will relish and the key to a fulfilling career.
What will you do?
- Provide professional financial advice to new and existing RBC clients, assisting them with their financial needs
- Recommend products, services, and/or share information with clients to meet their unique immediate and future financial needs
- Support product and service recommendations with details that are easily understood and convert value towards the clients’ stated needs
- Manage risk and compliance routines when carrying out transactions
- Achieve higher levels of proficiency in this role by providing effective advice to clients regarding our products, services, and solutions
What do you need to succeed?
- Proven customer service skills, preferably in the financial or service industry, as well as a track record of success in a client-focused, target-driven performance culture
- An aptitude for listening, establishing rapport and finding the right solutions for customers
- Excellent telephone manner, IT literacy, and digital knowledge, as well as multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- An interest in mobile and digital devices and an ability to help clients navigate through self-serve applications
- Flexibility to accommodate alternating shifts throughout the week
- Advice/Call Centre experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonuses and flexible benefits, ,
- Leaders who support your development through training and coaching, and invest in your continued learning and commitment to building long term careers
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work with a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to build close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across businesses and geographies
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 1260 Taylor Ave
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Call Centre
Career Level: Entry Level
Application Deadline: 2018-04-27
Req ID: 161542