CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (060219)
(2 Full Time, Term Positions - 10 Months in Length)
Supervisor, Customer Services
CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE HOURS
8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
HOURS OF WORK:
9:30 AM - 5:30 PM May be required to assist and work in the
In-Person Customer Service Centre
The position responds to diverse and complex inquiries from customers by telephone. The incumbent requires extensive knowledge of all of the company’s products and the knowledge of administrative practices relating to company procedures. Superior customer service skills are required.
- Responds to a variety of customer inquiries ranging from:
- Enrollment and billing procedures,
- Coverage information
- Employer Group Plans, which include Ambulance/ Hospital Semi-Private, Extended Health Benefits, Employee Travel Health Benefits, Employee Travel Health Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Dental Service Plan, Health Spending Accounts and Vision Care.
- Individual Health Plans
- Travel Health Plans
- Responds to a variety of customer inquiries for information about claims procedures and claims payments regarding
- Travel Health Plan,
- Individual Health,
- Employer Group Plans, which includes Ambulance/Hospital Semi-Private, Extended Health Benefits, Employee Travel Health Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Dental Service Plan, Health Spending Accounts and Vision Care.
- Confirms coverage, explains benefits and checks for processed claims for dental offices, hospitals, physiotherapists, private duty nurses, chiropodists, clinical psychologists, etc.
- Accurately completes record an inquiry ticket for each call received and to accurately complete forms and memos.
- Arranges Bonds of Indemnity for lost or stolen cheques, order statement(s) of benefits, process or forward requests for address changes and identification cards for subscribers to the appropriate department.
- Promotes and sells by telephone Travel Health products and Individual Health Products.
- Accepts and passes on customer suggestions and complaints about all aspects of Blue Cross, including billing and enrollment, claims, products and/or benefits.
- Passes on possible leads for group health business to the Sales Department.
- Remains current and knowledgeable about benefits, which are provided by the Provincial Health Care Plan, particularly in respect to prescription drugs, travel health and vision care.
- Prepares for and deals effectively with customers who contact our office following radio programs, newspaper articles, mass mailings, etc.
- Maintains records relative to the operation of the area that shall assist in improving the service and communication with the public.
- Assists the Customer Service Centre as required.
- Assists in directing customers to the appropriate source (i.e.: Government Agency) when the information does not pertain to Blue Cross.
- Assists Travel Agents and General Agents in selling, extending and refunding Travel Health, Trip/Holiday Cancellation and the Tour Package Plan as well as explaining coverage information and claims procedures.
- Maintains an awareness of changes to employer group plans in order to respond to customer inquiries.
- On a rotational basis, may be required to perform other administrative duties such as replying to customer e-mail and voice mail queries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- University degree or Community College diploma in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure of time restraints.
- Flexibility, patience and resourcefulness.
- Reliability and punctuality a must.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel and e-mail software.
- Initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Good problem solving and analytical ability.
- Extensive experience dealing with the public (several years a must).
- Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual – French and English.
- 2 - 5 years previous work experience in the insurance/customer service industry would be an asset.
- A second language would be an asset.