As the Customer Care Agent 1, you will respond to enquiries related to standard insurance and registration transactions, informational enquiries, and perform related transactions, such as opening claims and scheduling appointments.
- Respond to standard incoming contacts in accordance with established service standards regarding MPI policies and procedures. Types of contacts can include:
- Open new claims in accordance with MPI claims handling procedures, ensure that all relevant details relating to the claim are obtained from the claimant and that coverage is verified using effective telephone questioning techniques.
- Advise claimants of applicable coverage, the procedures to be followed when filing a claim and the MPI approved process for handling the claim.
- Categorize new claims as non-contentious, contentious or bodily injury.
- Schedule the necessary appointments using the computer system technology.
- Perform basic insurance and drivers’ licensing transactions according to defined and highly standardized processes, provide customers with relevant information resulting from the transaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of customer service, administrative office or contact centre experience.
- Intermediate communication skills with the ability to actively listen and convey information respectfully in a clear, concise and understandable manner. Must be comfortable handling stressful contacts from angry/frustrated customers or emotional situations which may include discussing severe injuries or fatalities.
- Intermediate customer service skills with the ability to deal tactfully with sensitive issues in a confidential manner and to take initiative to ensure customer impacting issues are resolved.