The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Closing Date: December 16, 2019
As the Contact Centre Specialist, you are responsible for leading the implementation and optimization of technology within the Utility Billing Centre. This position works with senior staff in the centre to ensure its successful operation and delivery of excellent customer service.
As the Contact Centre Specialist you will:
1. Research and implement new technologies to improve the customer experience and overall efficiency in the centre.
2. Maintain current technology and work with other departments/divisions to upgrade shared software.
3. Develop training material and facilitates operational changes.
4. Monitor staff on system use and process to determine coaching/training requirements.
5. Work with other divisions to develop and document business processes and present material to staff as required.
6. Monitor and report on daily performance to the Contact Centre Supervisor; including interaction volume, service level, abandon rate, handle time, wait time, etc.
7. Utilize Workforce Management software to:
a. calculate staffing requirements
b. forecast workload
c. build daily staff schedules to manage forecasted workload
d. plan yearly vacation requirements.
8. Gather and analyze statistical data related to staff performance.
9. Monitor, train and support Billing Support Representatives and Senior Billing Representatives so they can effectively supervisor and develop their team.
10. Cover duties of the other Contact Centre Specialist as required.
11. Assist the Contact Centre Supervisor with new initiatives and act in their absence.
Your education and qualifications include:
1. Post-secondary education in a relevant field, such as business administration or a combination of training and experience.
2. Considerable experience with contact centre systems and software, such as workforce management and standards and practices; including forecasting, scheduling, performance metrics, reporting, schedule optimization, schedule adherence, quality assurance programs, SIP telephony, PRI lines, and IVR.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate, train, and develop individuals and a team.
4. Demonstrated ability to identify process needs and establish process to ensure frontline staff delivers excellent customer service.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
6. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels in the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently and work extended hours as required.
8. Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills; including demonstrated ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, and effectively resolve issues.
9. Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
10. Strong knowledge of IT concepts (i.e. customer information/enterprise systems, Windows domain networks) is preferred.
11. Ability to obtain knowledge of applicable bylaws and legislation within 1 year of the appointment.
12. Knowledge of contact centre applications such as Billing, Customer Interaction Centre, and Work Management software is preferred.
Conditions of employment:
1. A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
Citizen & Customer Focus
Ethics and Values
Integrity and Trust
How To Apply
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
1. Current resume AND Application Form (Required).
2. Cover letter.
*Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ's or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is $2,375.41 to $2,905.31 bi-weekly.
Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
The successful applicant will be required to complete job specific training required for this position as directed.
If and when this temporary appointment becomes permanent, the successful applicant to this posting will automatically receive the position, and a further posting will not be necessary.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.