The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Client Service Customer Service Representative Part time
Posting No: 115968
Closing Date: February 22, 2018
Under the direction of the Handi Transit Contact Centre Supervsior, the Client Services - Customer Service Representative, while working as part of a service delivery team is responsible for providing information and assistance to callers, front line transportation service requests to registered Handi-Transit users and assistance to contract service providers.
As the Customer Service Representative you will:
- Answering incoming telephone calls from the public and registrants, responding to their inquiries, and entering trip request information into the IRide system as necessary and providing registrants with information on Handi-Transit policies, procedures and processes as required.
- Ensuring accuracy of trip information by confirming scheduled trip requests and scheduled trip request details and adhering to special instructions relating to service delivery of individual registrants.
- Recording registrants’ complaints, commendations and general inquiries in a courteous, informative, and empathetic manner while maintaining registrants’ confidentiality at all times.
- Making outbound calls to cancel trips due to emergent situations such as extreme weather conditions or vehicle breakdowns; monitoring schedule adherence of drivers, dispatching vehicle resources and providing information between contractors and registrants; and relaying trip information, cancellations and additions to drivers via radio and/or e-mail.
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, taking special care in the communication of instructions to callers to minimize errors and ensuring comprehension by the caller.
- Assisting with the monitoring of the Handi-Transit service delivery system.
- Enforces/administers Handi-Transit Cancellation and No Show policies in an effort to reduce occurrences and collect on those with outstanding fees owing.
- Monitoring client information systems making sure proper practices are followed relating to service use.
- Taking credit card payments from registrants on Fare Payment from Account (FPA) and providing information to registrants regarding account balances.
- Performing other related duties consistent with the classification as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of one year working experience in a customer service/office environment.
- Ability to: communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and type accurately at 40 w.p.m.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency at a basic level with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and windows-based applications, the ability to navigate databases, use e-mail and internet, and the ability to quickly learn and utilize various databases and applications in a multi-tasking environment.
- A demonstrated ability to listen effectively, speak clearly, calmly and professionally, while demonstrating appropriate and effective customer service skills during very stressful situations, always being courteous and tactful.
- Good knowledge of city landmarks and streets is an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays. Applicants must have the ability to work shift work, which includes shifts ranging from 3.5 hours to 7 hours.
- A Police Information Check with the Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate(s), at their expense.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
- Current resume (Required).
Complete and submit an on-line application form with the required documentation. Wait one business day and proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Testing
Once the application is completed and processed, you must call 204-986-3902 on or before February 22, 2018, to schedule keyboarding and Microsoft Word testing. Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations in order to complete any testing requirements must indicate at this time.
IF TESTING IS NOT COMPLETED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP.
Step 3: Screening
A screening interview will be conducted if minimum test requirements are met.
*Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
If you do NOT have access to a computer/email, please apply, including all documentation listed above, to: Staffing Branch, HR Services, Main Floor – 510 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB by 4:30 P.M.,February 22, 2018.
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ's or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is $15.66-$22.18 hourly
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.