Job Title: Call Centre Supervisor
Reports To: Call Centre Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Call Centre Services
The Call Center Supervisor leverages proven leadership, organization and interpersonal skills to build and lead a team of Call Center Associates who meet and exceed organizational objectives. Reporting to the Call Center Manager the Call Center Supervisor will be responsible for hiring, developing, evaluating and motivating to perform a team of 15 – 20 Associates who handle call center contacts on behalf of Market Force clients. This role has a primary focus on the effective support and mentoring of call center agents to ensure performance and adherence to policies and procedures while simultaneously working to ensure an environmental culture conducive to the success of our associates, shareholders and clients.
We are a Multi-Media Call Center Environment that leverages inbound, outbound, e-mail, web and social media applications to serve our vast clientele. Using effective communications skills the Call Center Supervisor will ensure that agents are kept abreast of organizational developments or client level changes. Call Center Supervisors must be well versed in call center management principles and Call Center Mechanics in order to excel in this challenging position.
Collaboration and partnership are necessary tools to liaise with inter-organizational groups including (but not limited too) Account Management, Sales, and Technical Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Profile, interview, and hire Call Center associates to support Market Force call center operations.
- Provide positive and supportive operational leadership to a contact center environment its staff and stakeholders in alignment with Market Force culture.
- Manage and motivate the metric attainment and quality performance of a team of 15 – 20 Contact Center Associates while cultivating a service-oriented environment.
- Appraise, coach and develop direct reports to attain and exceed performance objectives.
- Recommend and implement operational process and platform enhancements.
- Focus on maximizing productivity and reducing operating expenditures.
- Trend, identify and deliver coaching and discipline as required to ensure completion of organizational objectives and adherence to organizational standards.
- Communicate (Report) to business primaries your teams’ trended performance with any and all relevant action plans or successful projects implementations.
- Act as client level liaison with key Market Force clients by participating in client conference calls, projects and calibrations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Post Secondary educational experience an asset
- 1 – 3 years of supervisory experience
- 3 – 7 years of customer service experience, preferably in a supervisory role
- 3+ years of inbound call center experience, preferably in a supervisory role
- Minimum of 5 years customer service experience in a consumer based industry or sector
- Confident and influential communicator at subordinate, peer and management level
- Well presented with a positive, proactive and professional approach
- Ability to manage difficult situations and related stresses
- Team oriented
- Strong managerial, operational and organizational skills
- Manage associate relations with appropriate and timely escalation of challenges to organizational HR Department
Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Directly supervises Call Center Customer Service Representatives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Office Environment. Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in the work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.